Lobbyists Groups Hired in 2009 ($80,000 or more):
Board of Directors: Noteworthy Members:
- Reed E. Hundt: according to an official Federal Communications Commission biography, Hundt was named Chairman of the FCC by President Clinton and was sworn in by Vice President Gore in1993, a position he filled for five years. A graduate of Yale Law School, Hundt also served as a business analyst for Latham & Watkins, and continues to serve as an adviser to McKinsey & Company.
- John J. Donahoe: President and Chief Executive Officer of eBay, the online marketplace conglomerate which now owns PayPal, Skype, Half.com, and 28% of Craigslist.
- Susan L. Decker: President of Yahoo! and member of board of directors at Berkshire Hathaway.
- James D Plummer: long-time professor and dean of the engineering school at Stanford University. Plummer also served on the board of the International Rectifier Corporation, the director of which is Robert S Attiyeh, who served as Senior VP and CFO of Amgen, Director of McKinsey and Company, and Director of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. (Another board member at International Rectifier named Thomas Lacey served as a GM for Intel and Vice President of Sales and marketing between 1998 and 2003.)
- Frank D. Yeary: Current Vice Chancellor of UC Berkeley. Interestingly enough, this guy’s biographies seldom reference his 24-year career as a financial banker and merger executive for Citigroup, Lehman Brothers, Salomon Brothers, and the Carlyle Group.
- Intel Corporation Contributions Program gave $66,622,752 in 2008
- Intel Foundation gave $36,186,253 in 2008
Top Five Government Contracts in 2009:
- $662,852 – Department of the Navy
- $377,556 – NASA
- $91,075 – Department of the Air Force
- $32,560 – Department of the Army
- $6,720 – Environmental Protection Agency (Source: USASpending.gov)